It might be the August silly season, but there’s no shortage of bathroom news this week – as well as manufacturers offering Bank Holiday bathroom bargains, that is.
As well as the usual design tips there’s an environmental innovation from New York and no shortage of lifestyle advice. So read on to see what caught our eye in the world of bathrooms this week:
- Bad Bathroom Design: Nine Mistakes to Avoid – some useful tips from a bathroom retailer for sticking tiles, positioning toilets and avoiding getting stuck with colours you’ll grow to hate.
- Riverside Park Plans Composting Restroom – according to the New York Times a city tennis association is planning to install compost toilets that will fertilize park greenery and use solar panels to generate power, the first such scheme in a New York City park.
- Don’t Just Sit There! – Slate tackles a taboo subject. Is it possible that our posture when using the toilet can have health consequences? A fascinating read.
- Lifestyle changes curb overnight bathroom trips – Reuters publishes some advice for anyone plagued by too-frequent nocturnal calls of nature.
- Couple return from honeymoon to find python in bathroom – maybe it was wondering where its wedding invitation had got to…